Our family loves this dessert very much. In whatever season, hot or cold, it gives a warm feel and great satisfaction. Don’t know why! It’s a kind of quick dessert and easily prepare on the go.
In Australia, we can easily get all kinds of beautiful sweet potatoes, golden, yellow, purple and so forth. As for this dessert, I always use the purple ones because I think they are the best. This time I bought a yellow-white one. The texture is so soft that it quickly “melted” in my mouth. Lovely!
I couldn’t find another one better than this one. Oh, why did I just buy one? What a shame.
- 1 sweet potato (about 350gm)
- 3 cups water (cover the sweet potato)
- rock sugar (to your taste)
- 2 to 3 slices of ginger
- Bring water to the boil, add ginger into it.
- Quickly peel sweet potato and cut into small pieces as it turns black easily. Put them into the boiling water and turn to medium heat once the water boils again.
- Add rock sugar to your taste when the sweet potato turns soft. Serve hot or cold.