If you travel or move to Australia, don’t miss any chance to try lamb cutlets. They are tremendously wonderful. The meat is very tender and succulent. All you need is to season the lamb cutlets with a pinch of salt and pepper before frying or baking, you’ll taste the best lamb you’ve ever had. Maybe you think they cost too much. Once in a while you might indulge yourself with this good food. Luckily, I came across some lamb cutlets on sale for half price at the nearby supermarket. So, there’s no need to have a second thought. I grabbed a packet of them back home and cooked with creamy baked potatoes. Yummy!
- 3 to 4 washed potatoes
- 6 lamb cutlets
- 150 gm thick cream (or light cream)
- a knob of butter
- a pinch of garlic salt
- a handful of grated Parmesan cheese
- a pinch of sea salt
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C. Slice washed potatoes and put them in an oven proof tray. Sprinkle with sea salt and ground black pepper over the sliced potatoes. Add a knob of butter if you like. Pour in heavy cream and cover the tray with foil. Put the tray in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes until cooked. Uncover the tray, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over the cooked potatoes and put it back in the oven. Keep an eye on it, don’t let it burn. When the cheese turns brown, it’s done. Turn off the oven and open the door half way. Keep warm.
- Wash and pat dry the lamb cutlets. Generously sprinkle them with sea salt and ground black pepper. In a hot frying pan, fry the lamb cutlets, 5 minutes on each side (for more tips on frying lamb, please see this previous recipe) Serve hot with baked potatoes.