Muffin is one of my family’s favourite snacks, simple and easy to make. My daughter just likes them baked with bananas. And I love walnuts very much. So, I planned to put both of them together to suit the taste of both of us. Yet, this plan was aborted! Why? She protested to eat any walnuts in her muffins. I simply put some walnuts in mine and hers just with bananas. Problem solved !
Makes 12 muffins
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas (smashed)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional, toasted and chopped)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C. With a spatula or wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add brown sugar, egg and vanilla, mix well. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and stir well.
- Add the flour, mix well and fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour mixture into a muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin, if it comes out clean, it’s done. Cool on a rack.