- 1 can creamed corn soup, 420gm
- 1/2 cup chicken soup
- 1 can water
- 1 egg, whisked
- 100 gm chicken breast
- chopped spring onions, optional
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp water
- a pinch of white pepper
- Rinse chicken breast and drain well. Cut into bite sizes. Mix with marinade at least 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Open and pour the whole can of creamed corn soup into a saucepan. Fill up the empty can with water and add into the saucepan, together with chicken soup. Bring to a boil. Then lower the heat.
- Add marinated chicken, stir well and simmer about 5 to 8 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Turn off the heat. Gradually stir in whisked egg into the soup mixture. Sprinkle with spring onions. Serve hot.
- When cooking corn soup, don’t use too high heat. Stir occasionally and be cautious that would easily overflow.
- Turn off the heat, then add egg. The heat of the soup would cook it through. Otherwise the egg would be overcooked, losing its smooth texture.
- I used the creamed corn soup that has added a bit of salt already. So I didn’t need to add any salt. You might like to season with some salt if desired.