Makes 30 cookies
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 100 gm butter, cool
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 110 gm sugar
- 40 gm brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- mixed nuts and chocolate chips to preference, optional
- Beat butter, sugar and peanut butter with an electric mixer for 3 minutes at high speed.
- Add egg and vanilla. Continue to beat till mixture is fluffy.
- Sift in flour and baking soda and combine well. If you desire extras, add nuts and chocolate chips to your liking.
- Chill the mixture in fridge for about an hour.
- Use a teaspoon to place the mixture on baking tray, lined with baking paper. Lightly press the middle and let it flatten a bit. Leave about 4cm apart because the cookies will spread when cooked.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200C (392F) or 180C (fan forced, 356F) for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to cooling rack and let cool. Enjoy!
- Bake cookies in batches. Keep the rest of batter in fridge if not use.
- Use fan-forced oven to get better results. The colour of cookies would be more even.
- The time of cooking depends on the power of oven you use. Don’t leave them unattended when baking. When the colour is turned to golden brown, the cookies are ready.