Spicy Beancurb Pork Rib Stew (Printable recipe)
- 600gm pork ribs
- 4-5 slices ginger
- 1 spring onion (sectioned)
- 2 star anise
- 1 piece fermented red beancurd (mashed)
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Shao-xing cooking wine
- 1½ cups water
- ¾ tbsp sugar
- 1½ teaspoon dark soya sauce
- a pinch pepper
- Rinse pork ribs and cut them into chunks, stir in marinade and leave for a while, then fry briefly in hot oil. Put aside.
- Heat oil to saute ginger, spring onion and mashed fermented red beancurd, put in ribs and splash wine. Saute well and transfer ingredients to an earthen pot.
- Put seasoning and star anise into ingredients and bring it to boil. Then, simmer with medium-low heat till ingredients are tender and sauce thickens. Serve hot.