I love using different kinds of fruit in home cooking. This time I used an orange to prepare some sweet and sour sauce for the deep fried pork ribs. The fragrance of orange juice makes pork ribs irresistible and much juicy. My daughter just loves anything with sweet and sour sauce. And this dish is her most favorite one.
- pork ribs 360gm
- 1 orange
- 1 braid of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange liquor (or 1 tablespoon cooking white wine with 1 teaspoon orange rind, orange part)
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- a dash of sesame oil
- a pinch of pepper
- 30 cc (1 oz) fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange liquor
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange peel (shredded)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Peel orange and prepare juice. Shred peel for later use.
- Rinse ribs and cut them into chunks. Mix them with marinade and pat on a little flour, pan fry them in hot oil till golden and drain. Put them aside.
- Heat oil and sauté garlic, pour in orange sauce and bring it to boil. Then put in ribs and stir well. Cover wok and cook with medium heat for 2-3 minutes till ingredients are done. Dish up and serve hot.