In Australia, we can easily get best quality of lamb. The meat is so tender that you can’t resist to eat more after having one. I tried the lamb leg steak this time, even though I know rack of lamb is the best cut. Our family was very satisfied with the result. With half the price of rack of lamb, you can enjoy the similar taste, no blames at all. Best of all, I can prepare this dish on-the-go. Cheap, yummy and quick! Fantastic!
- 250gm boneless lamb leg steak, trimmed
- 1 or 2 springs fresh rosemary, leaves only
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crush garlic cloves with rosemary leaves in a pestle and mortar and add sea salt, black pepper and a little olive oil. Marinate the lamb leg steaks for 10 minutes or longer if possible.
- Use a preheated griddle pan to fry the marinated lamb leg steaks, 5 minutes on each side until they’re golden. This should cook them medium-well done. (Yeah, this is my favorite because I’m not really into rare lamb steaks.) If you prefer medium-rare steaks then cook for a little less time.