This recipe was suggested by my sister when she traveled to Australia and visited me. She said she tried this dessert, banana pastry at a dessert café in Hong Kong. Immediately I baked one for her, that only took me less than 30 minutes. It’s really yummy and easy to make. The hot banana inside the pastry with smooth chocolate sauce tasted heavenly. Who can resist the temptation of ice-cream as well?
- 1/2 puff pastry
- 1 ripe banana, roughly chopped
- chocolate sauce, to taste
- vanilla ice-cream, to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180C (356F). Roll out puff pastry on a clean surface.
- Place banana in the center of pastry. Dampen pastry edges. Fold the pastry into a rectangle shape. Use a fork to press and seal edges. Prick the surface with a fork and brush some beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice-cream.