This Braised Pork Chops with Onion (洋蔥豬扒) is very easy to cook. All you need is to have pork chops and onion. Then you can cook this dish within half an hour. Best of all, the sweet and sour sauce is perfect for a bowl of steamed rice.
- 250 gm boneless pork chops
- 1 small onion, shredded
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon corn flour
- a dash of sesame oil
- a pinch of pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershsire sauce
- Rinse and dry boneless pork chops, then slice into pieces if you like. Tenderize pork chops with the back of a chopper and blend in marinade. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons oil to fry pork chops till both sides are golden. Remove and drain excess oil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil to sauté shredded onion until light brown. Pour in seasoning mixture. Put in chops again, and stir fry till sauce lessens. Dish up and serve hot.