- 120 gm self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 100 gm butter, softened at room temperature
- 85 gm sugar
- 50 gm walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180C (356F).
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer over medium speed until the mixture is smooth, fluffy and light in color (see picture 1).
- Whisk eggs. Stir in one-third of the egg into the butter mixture at a time. Stir and combine well between adding egg each time.
- Sift flour into the egg mixture. Use a spatula to combine all ingredients. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl and mix well (see picture 2).
- Grease sides of a rectangular cake mould, 11cmx21cmx6cm, or use a non-stick one to skip this step. At last, incorporate walnuts into batter. Transfer batter into mould. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes (see picture 4). Test with a needle. If it comes out clean, it’s done. Let cool on wire rack.