- 500 gm beef brisket stew
- 250 gm dried rice vermicelli
- 500 ml beef stock (or chicken stock)
- 500 ml water
- Chinese vegetables, to preference
- spring onion, for garnish
- Follow the previous recipe and prepare beef brisket stew. Set aside.
- Blanch dried rice vermicelli in boiling water to wash away the starch and to loosen them up, about 3 minutes. You might like to soak the dried rice vermicelli for a while before cooking, just follow the instructions of the packet. Mine doesn’t need to soak beforehand. Then rinse rice vermicelli with boiling water. Place them in three separate serving bowls.
- Rinse vegetables. Use a saucepan to cook the stock and water. Bring it to a boil. Add some vegetable oil and Chinese vegetables. When the vegetables are softened. Season with salt, ladle over rice vermicelli. Sprinkle spring onion. Serve hot.
- When it comes to cook rice noodle soup, I often used Dongguan rice vermicelli because I love my mum’s favourite choice, that goes really well with soup. The texture is pretty smooth.
- If you’d like to soak the rice vermicelli before cooking, you might use hot water, it would shorten the soaking and cooking time. Just soak until they are soft enough to eat, but still firm. Add them into chicken stock to finish cooking. The timing will depend on how warm or hot your water is - the hotter, the faster the noodles will soften. The key is not to over-soften them while soaking.