As the pork chops are to be pan-fried, I find thin pork loin is the best choice for this recipe. Keep the time of frying pork chops as short as you can, to the point that it’s just done so that the meat won’t be too dry.
Lemon Pork Loin Chops (Printable recipe)
- 2 thin pork loin chops
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp chopped shallot
- Sesame seeds for garnish (briefly fry on hot pan without oil until aromatic)
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger sauce
- 1 tsp Shaoxing wine
- a pinch of white pepper
- salt, to taste
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 75 ml water
- lemon zest, about 1cmx3cm, thinly julienned
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 Tbsp water
- Rinse pork chops and wipe dry with kitchen papers. Tenderize pork chops with back of chopper. Add crushed garlic and chopped shallot into marinade, then marinate pork chops for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Pan-fry pork chops until both sides are lightly golden and done. Remove from pan and soak up excess oil. Arrange pork chops on a plate, covered.
- Cook sauce with a little oil until it boils. Add thickening and cook to your preferred consistency. Pour sauce over pork chops and sprinkle fried sesame. Garnish with lemon slices if you like. Serve hot.