When it comes to cooking this soup, I pick the kind of seaweed sheets without any seasonings, neither that one for wrapping sushi nor for decorating dishes. The one I used is different from Nori. It often comes in a round package, sold at any Asian stores.
Seaweed, Tofu & Pork Mince Soup (Printable recipe)
- 1 sheet seaweed (about 12 gm), available at Asian stores
- 2 slices tofu (about 160 gm), diced
- 80 gm pork mince
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Spring onion, diced, optional
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger juice
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp shaoxing wine
- a dash of vegetable oil
- Soak seaweed in water until softened. Rinse thoroughly and drain well.
- Marinate pork mince with seasoning for 15 minutes.
- Use a large pot, pour in chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil. Add seaweed and cook for 5 minutes, add pork and cook until cooked through. Add tofu. When it boils again. Turn off the heat. Season with salt. Ladle soup in individual serving bowls. Sprinkle spring onion for garnish. Enjoy!