Chicken, Leek & Tomato Soup (Printable recipe)
- 120 gm chicken breast
- 1 stalk leek, white part only, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 can Italian diced tomato, about 400 gm
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 3 cups chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- parsley, for garnish
- Rinse chicken and wipe dry with kitchen papers. Cut into dices. Mix with salt with pepper.
- Use a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add leek and stir occasionally, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Make sure not to burn them.
- Increase heat to high. Add chicken and cook until colour changed. Pour in diced tomato and chicken broth. Bring it to a boil. Cover and decrease heat to low. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is softened. Season with salt, sugar and pepper. Garnish with parsley. Enjoy.
- Canned tomatoes are often diced and deseeded, very handy to make this quick soup.