Tortilla with Chorizo (Printable recipe)
- 145 gm potatoes (Desiree potatoes preferred), peeled and diced into about 1.5cm cubes
- 150 gm chorizo sausage, skinned and sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 10 gm butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley leaves, chopped
- Place the potatoes in boiling water and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes. Test by a sharp knife that easily poked in the potatoes. Drain well. Make sure not to over cook the potatoes, otherwise they would break into pieces and fall apart when stir fry with other ingredients later.
- Heat butter and half of the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, cook until translucent. Toss in chorizo and cook until releases some oil. Add garlic, potatoes, season with salt and pepper. Gently stir and combine all ingredients. Make sure not to break the potatoes because you want to keep their nice dice shapes. Cook about 3 minutes. Stir in chopped parsley. Set aside and let cool on a plate.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat the frying pan over medium heat. Add the remaining vegetable oil. Mix the cooled potato mixture in the whisked eggs. Then pour into the pan. Gently stir the egg mixture with a fork as if making an omelette.
- Once the eggs are half-cooked, stop stirring. Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the underside of the tortilla is almost cooked. Flip over and cook the top side, until both sides are cooked the same and the middle of the tortilla is still soft. Serve hot.