Here’s my favourite dish for all seasons, Fried Rice with Minced Beef (生炒牛肉飯), which is also a very popular one-dish-meal offered at any Chinese restaurants. The rice has to be sty-fried really hot. Having combined with the fresh minced beef and crunchy lettuce, this dish is very healthy and nutritious. When it comes to frying rice, I love adding heaps of meat and vegetables. It’s also suitable for elderly or young kids, helping them intake more protein and veggies.
- 200 gm minced beef
- 150 gm iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 bowls white rice, preferably leftover and reheated
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- salt, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/4 tsp chicken powder
- 2/3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp shaoxing wine
- a pinch of pepper
- Marinate minced beef with marinade for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil over medium. Cook beef until 80% done. Set aside.
- Add some oil again. Stir in beaten egg. Stir constantly until 60% done. Add rice, preferably reheated beforehand as it’d shorter the cooking time. Quickly stir fry evenly. Sprinkle salt and sugar to taste. When the rice is really hot thoroughly, add light soy sauce.
- Toss in beef. Continue to cook and combine well. Add shredded lettuce and spring onion until softens. If you’d like to taste the crunchy veggie, then don’t fry too long. Serve hot.
Note:You might like to take a look at my previous post: Tips on Frying Yummy Rice.