Christmas is coming closer and closer. Would you go for any Christmas party or throw a party yourself? This Smoked Salmon Salad could be a good choice for party snack, or just have it as an ordinary day’s side dish. This salad went very well with the pan-fried lamb steak I cooked the other day. The choice of baby greens for this salad is quite flexible that you can use any veggies you like. The colours of this snack really caught my family’s eyes. Best of all, I could prepare this salad on the go, or make it in advance, pop it in the fridge, and grab it out to enjoy in the last minute. Keep me free enough to enjoy chatting with my family and friends.
- 200 gm smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 200 gm baby greens, to your preference
- 1/4 capsicum, finely diced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly grated black pepper, to taste
- Rinse baby greens, drain well and wipe dry with paper towels. Mix well with seasonings. Taste by yourself and adjust to your liking.
- Scatter half of capsicum and green onion over the baby greens. Arrange smoked salmon on top of the greens. Scatter over remaining capsicum, green onion. Drizzle over lime juice and some more olive oil. Season to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve smoked salmon with toasted bread.
Get more creative ideas of making salad from this book