Salmon Cakes (Printable recipe)
- 200 gm salmon, skinned and boned
- 100 gm potato
- 65 gm pork mince
- 60 gm onion
- a knob butter
- 1 Tbsp whisked egg
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil
- Roughly chop salmon into chunks and process in a food processor until almost minced.
- Peel potato and cut into 2 to 2.5 cm sized cubes. Cook in boiling water, about 20 minutes until cooked, easily poked in with a sharp knife. Drain well and mash into paste. Let cool.
- Use a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add a knob of butter. When the butter melts, add onion, and cook until translucent, yet still with crisp texture. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the salmon, pork, onion, mashed potato and whisked egg thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use wet hands to shape the mixture into 10 to 12 small balls, then press flat into mini burgers shape.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Pan fry salmon cakes over medium heat until cooked, lightly brown on both sides. Serve hot with this sweet and sour cucumber, or any salad as desired.
Other salmon recipes:
- Salmon Patties from Simply Recipes
- Recipe for Salmon Patties from Kalyn's Kitchen
- Delicate Double-Salmon Fish Cakes from Scrumptious South Africa
- Salmon Miso Soup from Christine's Recipes
- Salmon Fried Rice (Quick Lunch) from Christine's Recipes