Kitty told us the soup was very quick and easy to cook. The most important thing is that you have to use tasty chicken stock, not just water. Let it be cooked with some meat, like pork for some time beforehand. Now wonder the broth tasted heavenly. Whenever you want to serve this soup, you can add whatever seafoods you like, the soup can be done in 10 minutes.
- 3 slices tofu, cut into cubes
- 5 scallops
- 8 medium prawns, deveined
- 1 calamari, cut into small pieces
- 500 ml chicken stock (canned or homemade)
- 500 ml water
- 1 egg white, beaten
- coriander or Japanese crispy seaweeds, for garnish
- 3 Tbsp water chestnut powder
- 4 Tbsp water
- Rinse all seafoods and drain well. Mix salt, pepper and some cornflour for a while, rinse and drain again.
- Pour chicken stock and water into a deep saucepan. Bring it to a boil. Place seafoods and tofu. When it boils again, add thickening and cook to your preferred consistency. Stir in whisked egg white. Remove heat immediately. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with coriander. Done
- I used Swanson Chicken Broth as my friend Kitty did as well, because it’s quite handy.
- Also you can add shredded pork or shredded chicken to add more meat flavours if you like. If you have dried scallops at home, pop in several of them to cook in the broth. The soup tastes even more delicious.